Tuesday 16 October 2007

Xi'an


Ruth says: From Shoalin we travelled on to the walled city of Xi'an home of the terracotta warriors. It was a really beautiful place with an amazing muslim quarter and two of these fantastic towers. It also had in addition to the usual clean toilet venues of Mcdonalds and KFC ( which we frequent solely for the use of the loos) a starbucks with the cleanest toilet in town. We actually made purchases there, and though our drinks were more expensive than the cost of the lunch we had just had it was worth it just for the toilets.

1 comment:

Helen said...

I thoroughly approve of your use of the corporate b**st**ds facilities. I haven't given in to my yearly trip to the dark side yet. I know tha abuse from friends and family that will ensue when I do and it's almost not worth it! xxx