Monday 16 July 2007

Plitvice lakes, Croatia





Bob says: This place was full of slappers. Now you maybe wondering why Barnsley has not acheived national park status and this place has. Well you'd be mistaken, because croatian for waterfall is slap. Anyway, I've never seen as many beautiful slappers, and the spit roasting was amazing. Yes, croatia does an impressive spit roast, mainly chicken and pig. Virtually all the road side cafes have a full pig spit roasting outside, stick that little chef!
Ruth says: This place was gorgeous. Thre were little wooden boardwalks along around and across the turquiose water. There were about a million fish that gathered all along the edge of the boardwalks and the water was so clear as you can see. We took loads and loads of photos...this is a highly edited sample.
You can also see here my very sensible choice of colour for the new shorts we bought in Luby Juby. They are not this colour anymore.

1 comment:

Helen said...

Sorry that I haven't been on the blog for a while, I have been busy with work and stuff. It looks so beautiful there. I can't wait to see all the other photos when I visit Oz